Regardless of the business community’s increased orientation towards digital marketing, there is still no replacing printed newsletters, mailings, stationery, brochures, business cards, pocket folders, and other printed materials. While many businesses opt to print their materials in house or simply go with the cheapest bid, they don’t get the highest quality. Investing in the best printed materials is investing in the face of your company, as brochures, stationery, and business cards often make the first impression. The Virginia and Washington D.C. area is home to plenty of printers, but not all of them are equal to the task of taking on your company printing. In this article, we’ll provide a few pointers about choosing the best printers in DC and Virginia.
- Experience Look for a team that has been in the business at least for a few years. While it might look like you’re getting a great deal with a small start up, you’ll probably get what you pay for. There are a number of experienced printing companies in Washington DC and Virginia who can offer a better product without too much added cost.
- Customer Service You’ll be working with your DC or Virginia printer a lot, so it’s important to make sure that they provide the support you need. This can be difficult to assess, but it’s a good start to look at your initial contacts with the company. Have they been timely in returning calls? Are they friendly and professional? If the answer is no, they probably won’t have great customer service, either.
- Multi Faceted For the most part, a printer virginia and Washington DC businesses choose to work with does more than just printing. If you can find a company that does printing as well as mailing, you’ll save time and money. Find out which printers in DC and VA offer additional services and move them to the top of the list.
- Up to Date Printing technology grows more advanced by the day. The best printing is done by the newest machines and through the most recent processes. Ask printers in DC and Virginia how often they update their equipment. If the answer is anything more than every five years or so, move along.
- Design This is, perhaps, one of the most important considerations those looking for a printer washington dc and Virginia have to offer must take into account. Quality on site graphic designers can help you make sure that your materials are not only printed well, but designed well. Again, look at samples of recent work to make sure that you like the style of the designers. You’ll waste a lot of time fighting with the printer if you choose to go with a company whose style doesn’t align well with your vision.
- Well Liked Ask for references from the company and talk to other business owners to get recommendations. Printers in dc who aren’t well reviewed will probably not provide great results for you, either. Look for a printer with glowing references. You’ll be glad you did.
Choosing the right printer is the only thing that can guarantee great printing materials. The most important thing is to take your time and make the decision carefully. After all, the wrong printer can mean lost time and money as well as shoddy work to present to clients. Shop smart and slow. You’ll be glad you did!