If you are self conscious of you smile, then the best thing that you can do is make an appointment with a cosmetic dentist who can make you want to show off your incredible teeth. Here are a few of the most important facts that you need to know before you decide to make an appointment with a cosmetic dentist.
1. Most teeth whiteners, including white filling, use a peroxide based chemistry. This peroxide allows for the process of oxidation to achieve a bright, white smile. However, there are new and interesting forms of professional teeth whitening that are beginning to emerge as well.
2. According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, or AACD, as many as two thirds of patients seeking cosmetic dentistry, such as porcelain veneers, porcelain crowns, vista invisalign and other teeth straightening methods, and teeth whitening, are female.
3. Vista Invisalign is the name of an orthodontic system that uses clear aligners to straighten teeth without the more invasive aspects of traditional braces. This form of braces are also very popular with adults who wish to have their teeth straightened but do not want to deal with metal braces.
4. Many adult orthodontic patients choose Invisalign as a result of the fact that metal braces are not only more cumbersome and often painful, but also because they are less attractive than the less visible Invisalign alternative.
5. Did you know that the first nylon bristled toothbrush with a plastic handle was invented in 1938? Before this invention, which came about as a result of the invention of the synthetic nylon, toothbrushes were often made of boar bristles.
One thought on “Top Five Facts You Should Know Before Visiting a Cosmetic Dentist”
i have to say that i would really love to get some veneers but i do not have the extra money right now and i am more than a little bit positive that my insurance does not cover the cost at all